Employment Opportunities in Rochester, New York
If you know of other online job listings in the Rochester area please send their URLs and e-mail addresses to Max Lent . If you find a broken link, please send an email to Max Lent. To request a free exchange link exchange fill out and submit the link request form.
All phone numbers are in the 585 area code unless otherwise specified. Join the Rochester Jobs discussion group.
Executive Job Resources
New York State
- NewYorkJobs.com. "Connecting job seekers with employers in New York, New England & the Tri-State area."
- New York Nursing Jobs. "New York Nursing Jobs specifically focuses on nursing jobs in the state of New York."
- The New York State Department of Labor maintains a Website with a large database of jobs in all categories. This is an excellent resource for job listings and other employment information. Follow the menus to drill down through their system to the job search that meets your specific needs. This system would be a lot easier to use if they had a list all jobs option. As it is, you will have to back up the hierarchy and back down again to look for jobs in different areas and categories.
Western New York Job Information
City of Rochester, New York
- City of Rochester's Biz Kids Program. "Biz Kids is a week long camp which helps kids ages 10 - 18 to start their own business. The program is completely free including lunches, prizes and even business supplies, but you must be a city resident to qualify.
- City of Rochester's Good Grades Pay Program. ""Good Grades Pay" is an initiative begun in 1996 by Mayor William A. Johnson, Jr. to reward City teens who meet specific standards with a summer work opportunity. Acquiring a meaningful job in response to performing well in school demonstrates to youth that their personal success is dependent upon academic and behavioral achievement. City teens ages 16+ currently enrolled in high school must have a "C" or better average for the current marking period with a minimum 90% attendance and no long-term suspensions for the school year in order to qualify for the program."
- City of Rochester Human Resources.
- City of Rochester's Jobs Opportunities in Rochester, NY.
Rochester employment Web sites
- Democrat & Chronicle Digital Edition.
- High-Tech NY. Has a Rochester specific search feature.
- TheJobWire.com. Lynsys Software Services. "This is a resume browsing and job posting site that strives to reduce 'resume spam', and is FREE to Monroe and surrounding county employers. Enabling hiring employers in our area to easily and cost-effectively find local candidates increases our potential to keep jobs and employers in the region. Offering incentives to local employers to use local resources affords our local workforce with more opportunities to find work in the region. Keeping our people employed and keeping business in the region strengthens our economy. And that's just good for everyone." -Lynne Perry
- Rochester Business Alliance job postings.
- Rochester Computerwork.com. "Owned by Internet Association Group, Inc. in Jacksonville, Florida, Computerwork.com was established in 1995 to serve the needs of both computer professionals seeking employment and staffing firms and corporations seeking quality IT candidates. While the IT job market has seen tremendous changes since 1995, Computerwork.com has continued to develop its products and services to meet the needs of computer professionals and employers."
- Rochester Help Wanted. This tool is a national with a Rochester specific page.
- Rochester Nurses. "Rochester Nurses offers New York Nursing Jobs in and around the city of Rochester New York."
- RochesterWorks!. "Rochester Resource Alliance, Inc. (RRA, Inc.), a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit corporation, was established by the Greater Rochester Metro Chamber of Commerce and the Industrial Management Council, in cooperation with the County of Monroe and the City of Rochester. RRA, Inc. serves as staff and fiscal agent to the Monroe County/Rochester Workforce Investment Board (WIB), managing all aspects of the local workforce investment system known as RochesterWorks!.
RRA, Inc. oversees over million in employment and training resources, designed to serve job seekers and businesses throughout Monroe County. Available services include recruitment, assessment, placement, and training."
- Tigerjobs of Rochester.
Rochester, NY area major employers
Rochester, NY Employment Agencies
Career Development Services
Training and Education
- Computer Education Services Corporation. "We are the premier IT training provider in the industry. We give organizations and individuals the knowledge to help them achieve their goals. On this site, you can register for classes, manage your schedule, and track education plans."
- Rochester Info-Courses. "Rochester Info-courses is an independent organization that provides life-long learning opportunities to adults in the Rochester, New York area. We offer the largest and most comprehensive selection of non-credit adult education classes in the area -- over 200 classes ranging from starting your own business to West African Drumming. Our program is for people who want to explore new ideas and develop themselves personally and/or professionally.
We offer the chance to learn in an informal, enjoyable setting for a small investment of time and money. Classes range from one night or day to multi-session formats, depending on the topic you choose."
- Rochester Institute of Technology (RIT).
Online Articles On Online Job Searching
The Career Resource Library contains a comprehensive collection of Web resources dealing with looking for jobs on the Web, writing resumes, interviewing and much, much more.