Rochester, NY Area Farmers Markets
A directory of Rochester, New York area farmers markets. Call before going to a public market. They are seasonal and are often held on specific days and hours. Many community farm markets close at noon or shortly after. Call individual farm markets for business hours. At community markets, go early and get the best selection. Go late and sometimes you can get better prices.
For healthy foods there is nothing better or healthier than buying directly from farmers. Always ask the farmer if the foods you are buying are organic. This encourages farmers to grow organically and lets you know how much you need to wash the foods you have purchased.
Sadly, not all farmers offer good value. Some farmers at the Rochester Public Market display foods with beautiful display food on the top and bruised or damaged foods on the bottom of a basket. If the farmer won't let you inspect all of the food in the basket, move on to the next farmer. Your careful purchasing discourages this practice.
Farmers markets are different from farm markets. Farmers markets are generally community based with many farmers selling foods and other goods. Farm markets are usually roadside stands or stores selling the foods and goods of a single farm.
If you are a farmer or a community that has a farm market and you would like to have a link on this page, please fill out Request a Link Form.
All telephone numbers are in the 585 area code unless otherwise stated.
Erie County Farmers Markets
- Alden Farmers Market. Village of Alden, Parking lot at 13119 Broadway St., Alden, NY 14004. 716-937-9216. Google Map.
- Broadway Farmers Market. 999 Broadway St., Buffalo, NY 14212. 716-893-0705. Google Map.
- Clarence Hollow Farmers Market. 10490 Main Street, Clarence, NY 14031. 716-759-2345. Google Map.
- Clinton-Bailey Market. 1443-1517 Clinton Street, Buffalo, NY 14206. 716-822-2466. Google Map.
- Downtown Country Market. Main Street between Court and Church Streets, Downtown Buffalo. 671 Main Street, Buffalo, NY 14203. 716-856-3150. Google Map.
- East Aurora Farmers Market. Parking lot of the East Aurora Village Shopping Center, Grey Street. East Aurora, NY. 716-652-0951. Google Map.
- Fillmore Open Air Community Market. 3435 Main Street, Buffalo, NY 14214. 716-829-2714. Google Map.
- Forever Elmwood Farmers Market. Elmwood Ave and Bidwell Parkway, Buffalo, NY. 716-881-2701. Google Map.
- Gentner Commission Farmers Market. Commission Market, 341 Main Street, W. Springville, NY 14141. 716-592-4062. Google Map.
- Hamburg Farmers Market. Village parking lot, Main & Buffalo Streets, Hamburg, NY 14075. 716-649-7917. Google Map.
- Kenmore Farmers Market. Delaware Ave. & Delaware Road, Kenmore, NY 14217. 716-876-4118. Google Map.
- Orchard Park Farmers Market. Historic Train Depot, 2 West Highland, Orchard Park, NY 14127. 716-662-3605. Google Map.
Genesee County Farmers Markets
- Genesee Country Farmers Market. KMart parking lot, 8363 Lewiston Road, Batavia, NY. 343-9493. Google Map.
Livingston County Farmers Markets
- Dansville Farmers Market. Corner of Maple and Rte 36. Dansville, NY. 335-2963. Google Map.
- Livonia Farmers Market. 36 Commercial Street, in front of the Village Hall. 346-3100 or 721-5434. Google Map.
Monroe County Farmers Markets
- Brockport Farmers Market. Market and Main Streets, Brockport, NY. 503-2990. Google Map.
- Chili Farmers Market, United Methodist Church, 2200 Westside Dr., N. Chili, NY. 429-7047. Google Map.
- East Rochester Farmers Market. Techniplex Plaza parking lot 300 Main Street, East Rochester, NY 14445. 387-9147. Google Map.
- Fairport Farmers Market. Fleet Bank parking lot, South Main St., Fairport, NY. 223-6795. Google Map.
- Greece Foodlink Farmers Market. English Village Apartments, 1100 English Road, Greece, NY. 228-3380. Google Map.
- Greece Ridge Center Farmers Market. 271 Greece Ridge Center Drive, Greece, NY. 225-1140. Google Map.
- Irondequoit Farmers Market. 285 Irondequoit Mall Drive, Irondequoit, NY. 336-6070. Google Map.
- Pittsford Plaza Farmers Market. 3349 Monroe Ave., Pittsford, NY. 424-6220. Google Map.
- Rochester Downtown Farmers Market. St. Mary's Place adjacent to Washington Square Park, Rochester, NY 14609. 428-6907. Google Map.
- Rochester Main Street Farmers Market. First Floor Atrium of the Sibley Center, 220 East Main Street, Rochester, NY. 546-1711. Google Map.
- Rochester Public Market, email@example.com. 280 N. Union St., Rochester, NY. 428-6907. Google Map.
- Rush Community Farmers Market. Rush United Methodist Church, 6200 Rush-Lima Road, Rte 15A, Rush, NY. 533-2170. Google Map.
- Scottsville Ice Arena Farmers Market. Scottsville Ice Arena, 1800 Scottsville-Chili Road, Wheatland, NY. 889-1810. Google Map.
- Webster Farmers Market. Municipal parking lot. Main Street Rte 404 and South Avenue Rte 250, Webster, NY. The parking lot and the farmers market are off the street behind the municipal buildings. Google Map.
Niagara County Farmers Markets
Ontario County Farmers Markets
- Canandaigua Farmers Market. Parking lot near the corner of Lafayette and Niagara Streets, Canandaigua, NY. 374-5389. Google Map.
- Geneva Farmers Market. Parking lot on Seneca Street at Linden Street, Geneva, NY. 789-7811. Google Map.
- Hanna Junction Farm and Craft Market. 2471 State Route 21 North, Canandaigua, NY. 394-7740. Google Map.
- Victor Farm Market. Mead Square Park on Rte. 96 between School and Maple Streets, Victor, NY. 742-6320. Google Map.
Wayne County Farm Markets
- Lyons Farmers Market. Village Park, Church Street, Lyons, NY. 946-1490. Google Map.
- Newark Farmers Market. Firemen's Field on Barker Parkway off Westshore Blvd., Newark, NY. 926-5403. Google Map.
- Palmyra Farmers Market. Palmyra Village Park, Main Street, Palmyra, NY. 597-0011. Google Map.
- Sodus Point Farmers Market. Next to Bayside Antiques East, 8515 Greig Street, Sodus Point, NY. 483-0515. Google Map.
Yates County Farm Markets
- The Windmill Farm & Craft Market. Penn Yan, NY. Directions: Take Exit 42 and follow Route 14 South to Dresden. In Dresden turn on Route 54 to Penn Yan. Turn Left on Route 14A. Travel South on Route 14A. The Windmill is on the Right. (315) 536-3032.
- Yates Co. Co-op Farm & Craft Market. Main & Elm Streets, Penn Yan, NY. (315) 536-3032.
- The New Farm. 2661 Silver Lake Road, Perry, NY 14530. 237-2652. Google Map.
- Perry's Farmers Market. 2 S Main Street, Perry, NY 14530, Perry, NY 14530. 237-2614. "Perry Farmers' Market is a festive, colorful downtown farmers' market with live music weekly, underway from the 3rd Saturday in June through 1st Saturday in October, annually, 8:30 am - 12:30. It usually has 20 vendors selling a variety of produce and homemade products, books, honey, flowers, baked goods, chocolate, etc, a restaurant booth, and an Artist's booth.
Downtown Perry location, next door to Letchworth State Park, Silver Lake and the Charcoal Corral/Silver Lake Twin Drive-In. 43 miles from Rochester.
'Summer Saturdays' Arts Series weekly at 10 am provides free live music and events for kids. Visit our website for details and a complete schedule." Google Map.
- Village of Attica Farmers Market. 9 Water Street, Attica, NY 14011. 343-9491. Google Map.
- Warsaw Farmers Market. 3781 E. Main Road., Attica, NY l4011. 716-591-1358. Google Map.
Other New York Farmers Market Resources
- Farmers Market Federation of New York. "Farmers markets provide a means for local producers of agricultural products to sell those products directly to the consumer. Many communities throughout New York State view farmers markets as a positive avenue for supporting local agriculture, providing a source of fresh fruits and vegetables to the residents of their community and as a means of drawing people into their community aiding in the economic redevelopment of an area."
- New York State Department of Agriculture & Markets. New York State Farmers Markets.