Hospitals in Rochester, NY
Directory of Hospitals
- Genesee Hospital (closed in may of 2001.)
- Highland Hospital. See Strong Health below.
- Monroe Community Hospital. "Monroe Community Hospital is a county-owned, 566-bed residential health care facility providing quality long-term care to individuals with complex or chronic health conditions. We are home to residents of all ages, from infants as young as eight weeks to adults more than one hundred years old. MCH provides a comprehensive range of health care services...Monroe Community Hospital is situated on a 22-acre, park-like campus bordering the historic Erie Canal in Rochester, New York. Our structure is one of the region's most beautifully designed landmarks, with elegant pillars and ornate stone sculptures, surrounded by lovely landscaping and flower gardens. The Monroe Community Hospital campus is conveniently located just off Route 390 (Exit 16), at the corner of East Henrietta Road and Westfall Road. Ample free parking is always available to visitors and family members."
- Park Ridge Hospital. "Unity offers specialty services at Park Ridge Hospital and at over 50 other locations, including the Unity St. Mary's Campus in Rochester (the former St. Mary's Hospital) and other sites throughout Rochester and Monroe County...Park Ridge Hospital is your hospital. We're here for you. To offer the latest advancements in treatment. The personal attention you'd expect from a community hospital. And compassionate care when you need it most. Our experienced practitioners are committed to providing high quality medical services, while helping patients feel as comfortable as possible.
Accredited by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations, Park Ridge Hospital is a 321-bed, non-profit hospital. We offer a broad range of specialty centers, including our Intensive Care Unit that ranks in the Top 100 in the country."
- Rochester General Hospital / ViaHealth. "Rochester General Hospital is a regional leader in healthcare. We offer an array of services including the Rochester Heart Institute, the Lipson Cancer Center, the Twig Birthing Center, Orthopaedics, Women’s Health, Primary Care, Surgical Services, Rehabilitative Services, Pain Management, Behavioral Health and Emergency Services. Rochester General has consistently received distinctions that reflect the quality provided by a highly trained, dedicated staff.
The 528 bed acute care, teaching hospital serves the Rochester region and beyond. The hospital is a major employer and an integral part of the community."
- Rochester Psychiatric Center. "The Rochester Psychiatric Center provides quality comprehensive treatment and rehabilitation services to people with psychiatric disabilities working toward recovery...Rochester Psychiatric Center provides quality individualized psychiatric treatment and rehabilitation services that promote recovery. Services include: Adult inpatient, residential, and community support programs; adolescent inpatient, residential and community support programs; and forensic inpatient programs."
- Strong Health. "A network of doctors, nurses, allied health professionals, and hospitals working in concert with our customers and communities to create enhanced quality of life, one person at a time.
- Strong Health leads the way in creating good health. Through research, through education and by offering the services you need when and where you need them. Our doctors and health professionals work proactively with each individual, with the community at large and with the health industry worldwide to create enhanced quality of life for people everywhere.
- The School of Medicine and Dentistry, the School of Nursing, the Aab Institute of Biomedical Sciences and our other research centers serve to continually impact the quality of life for people in our community, our state, and for mankind.
- We, at Strong Health, are proud to be an integral part of an outstanding team that is recognized as being among the finest health organizations in the country. And, we believe that "Anything's Possible"... It's more than just a theme line for us. It's a state of mind. An outlook on life.
- New York State Department of Health, Hospitals in New York State. "The New York State Department of Health is dedicated to ensuring quality health care in all of the State’s health care facilities. We strive toward this goal by measuring the care rendered to patients in comparison to a code of rules and regulations which all facilities must follow. This code involves minimum standards of care which facilities are required to provide.
Any complaints against a hospital submitted to the Department’s attention regarding patient care or environmental concerns are investigated by Department staff. The Department’s investigation of complaints determines whether or not the facility fulfilled the requirements of the State Health Code based on the concerns raised. The Department conducts surveys and investigations of hospitals for both State licensure purposes and through a contractual relationship with the federal government."